Working for an innovative, creative and global company is always challenging and interesting. At Roland we pride ourselves on our attention to detail, our practical and open nature and our ability to deliver what our customers need when they need it.
Roland DG always welcome interest in our company, above and beyond of the positions listed below. If you feel you have a talent for communication, technology and working with people, feel you have something you could bring to Roland DG, and you’d like to work with a clear market leader, please send your CV and a covering letter to us.
Location: Birmingham, Midlands with consideration for surrounding areas (Home Based)
Sector: Large Format Printing/3D
Salary: Relevant to Experience
Additional Benefits: OT/Company Car/Pension/Private Healthcare*/Mobile/Laptop/Home Broadband
Closing Date: Friday 10th June 2016
The Company: Roland DG (UK) Ltd is the UK and Ireland marketing, distribution and sales arm of Roland DG Corporation, Hamamatsu, Japan, a worldwide leader in the sign, graphic arts, commercial print, packaging, labelling, promotional gift, textile, engraving, milling and 3D modelling industries. Founded in 1981 and listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange, Roland DG is the world’s number one provider of wide-format inkjet printers for the durable graphics market. Alongside wide-format printers, Roland DG also manufactures high-quality vinyl cutters, 3D scanners, milling machines and engravers. In the UK and Ireland, these products are sold through an extensive dealer network that provides expertise in the different markets we serve. At Roland DG (UK) Ltd we aim to be “the best, not the biggest” in what we do and are proud of the quality of products and services we provide our customers. Roland DG (UK) are Investors In People (IIP) accredited.
Description: This is a great opportunity to join a successful and expanding business. Candidates must possess a strong electro-mechanical aptitude and be able to demonstrate skilful experience in the repair and service of Large Format Inkjet Printers and have working knowledge of related software packages. Additional knowledge of milling & engraving products would be advantageous.
Person Specification (critical skills the role holder must possess and demonstrate)
- Have a proven background in field engineering/service ideally with a minimum five years’ experience
- Ideally have service/repair knowledge and experience on Roland product range
- Must have Full UK Driving license
- Must have a good geographical knowledge of UK and Ireland
- Be able to demonstrate a logical approach to problem solving
- Knowledge of popular graphic design software such as Corel Draw and Adobe Illustrator is essential, to a level of efficiency to test & demonstrate the Roland product workflow
- Ability to work alone but also as part of a team using knowledge sharing to the best advantage for the team
- Strong understanding of customer requirements
- Strong interpersonal skills - collaboration, teamwork
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills together with a high degree of computer literacy
- Accurate and timely record keeping
- Flexible approach to the job & the ability to adapt to new and challenging workloads
- Ability to manage own time effectively.
Experience & Education
- Ideally educated to O’Level/GCSE standard or equivalent
- Experience of working within a Field Service Environment
- Experienced in using CRM systems
- Knowledge of Microsoft packages – Outlook, Word, Excel. Power Point etc.
* After Qualifying period & with employee contribution
To apply for any positions listed, please email firstname.lastname@example.org attaching your CV and stating salary expectations