MODELA MDX-50 precision model making device for industry and education
The Modela MDX-50 CNC mill is an ideal stand-alone modelling solution for the production of short runs, prototypes and pre-production models and final samples. The MDX-50 is also an effective complementary technology to 3D printing as it delivers incredible mechanical accuracy (up to 0.01mm), a smooth surface finish and compatibility with a huge range of materials.
Suitable for professional, industrial and educational applications, the MDX-50 desktop milling device combines precise, automated milling with unmatched ease-of-use and intuitive CAM software, to accelerate prototype production and reduce operating costs. A new automatic tool changer (ATC), built-in control panel, increased machining area and operating speed reduce operation time and simplify production.
This means that users of all abilities and budgets can mill functional parts with incredible quality and mechanical accuracy on a wide range of materials.
- Compact, subtractive desktop rapid prototyping and CNC milling machine
- Expanded machining area (400 (X) x 305 (Y) x 135 (Z) mm) compared to previous models
- Increased operating speeds for faster job processing
Advanced automated features for unattended production:
- Automatic tool changer
- Automatic tool length sensor
- Optional rotary axis with auto-rotation function
Designed to be safe and trouble free:
- Integrated dust tray
- Colour-coded LED status lights
- Illuminated work area
- Built in control panel, and virtual control panel (VPanel)
- Comes with SRP player CAM software
- Compatible with a wide range of file formats, including industry standard .STL.
- ClickMill software included for quick drilling and profile cutting
- Ideal for a host of applications and prototypes including snap-fit parts, vacuum-formed moulds, fixtures, jigs, industrial product plates, electrical parts and casings, jewellery and accessories, relief plaques and graphics, rame and model parts and more
- Ideal for a wide range of woods and resins including ABS, POM, nylon, plastic foam, modelling wax, chemical wood, plywood, hardwood and more
- For your assurance of quality products and service, the MDX-50 complies with international ISO 14001:2004 and 9001:2000 certifications
- Includes a one year on-site full parts and labour RolandCare Silver warranty for ultimate peace of mind