AR Collection Specialist
The A/R & Collections Specialist is responsible for maintaining and managing customer accounts receivable including application of payments, collection of outstanding balances, and resolution of billing and payment discrepancies.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
- Apply daily cash receipts to customer accounts
- Assure timely collection of aged receivables from assigned customers
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with customersContact customers to request payment or resolve payment issues on a timely basis.
- Investigate and resolve accounting inquiries, disputes, partial and/or non-payments from customers
- Appropriately escalate collection issues both internally and within the customers’ organizationAssist manager by performing initial negotiations on payment plans with delinquent customers
- Manage and review weekly aging reports
- Daily Order Release based on level, assigned schedule, and as needed due to staff shortage or crunchBe aware and follow established Credit & J-SOx guidelines
- Provide detailed notes regarding customer contact, responses, commitments, disputes and any other comments made by customer related and relevant to the collection process on a timely basis
- Work with Customer Service, Sales and other departments to resolve any outstanding customer issues
- Oversees statements and assessment of Finance Charges before they are released
- Make recommendations to improve quality of collection procedures
- Identify accounts that may require third party or legal action; report and coordinate with manager
- Perform daily Order Release functions based on schedule, level, and customer account and credit standing
- Handle additional or special projects/assignments as determined by manage
Customer focus - Provide superior customer service and experience, external and internal
- Through customer interaction in a timely, professional, friendly, and helpful manner
- Through commitment to quality at any and all customer touch-points
- Identify and resolve root causes affecting customer accounts and/or experience
TEAMWORK - Meet or exceed monthly A/R goals & objectives
- Support a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that promotes positive work relationships with customers, co-workers and management
- By cooperation and sharing job tasks with peers and other departments to accomplish department goals & objectives
- Solid organization, analytical, negotiation and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Time Sensitive – on customer collection procedures, calls, including detailed notes
- Ability to make judgment calls in the collection of past dues and negotiation of payments when needed
- Ability to communicate effectively through written (email, letters, detailed notes), verbal (with peers, internal and external partners) including timeliness of follow-ups & in resolving issues
- Problem Solving/Analytical Skills: Billing, account reconciliations, cash receipts, and other forms of issues or discrepancies
- Timely application of cash receipts to customer accounts.
- Dependability and Accountability – Timeliness of daily, weekly, monthly tasks and projects
- Attendance & Punctuality – Within company policies & guidelines including lunch breaks.
- Other measurements set by Manager as needed
Education/Certification: Minimum AA Degree or Certification in Accounts Receivable or Credit Management from an established and reputable educational organization such as the National Association of Credit Management (NACM), The A/R Network Exchange (TARN), Credit Research Foundation (CRF) or its affiliates.
Required Knowledge: Strong knowledge of Accounts Receivable, Collections, Aging Schedule, and Customer Billing
- Three plus year's progressive experience in the field of A/R and Collections
- Knowledge of commonly-used Accounting concepts, practices, and procedures
- Accounts receivable experience
- Account research
- Reconciliation & adjustments
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills
- English & Spanish required
- Detail-oriented & self-starter
- Proficient in Windows / Excel / Word / Microsoft Dynamics GP a plus
Interested in the listed position?
About Roland DGA
Click here to learn more about Roland DGA
Please send your resumes to HR@RolandDGA.com Please include your salary history and current salary requirement.
No phone calls please.