Public Relations Manager
The Public Relations Manager is responsible for generating online and offline coverage of Roland DGA and each of its product lines, while providing editorial support to the company’s marketing and product management teams.
Roland DGA has a track record of generating press coverage and developing strong relationships with editors in the company’s core market, the sign industry. However, coverage of other product lines and outside of our core industries has been minimal. One of the primary goals of this position will be to achieve improvements to this by identifying relevant outlets and influencers, generating processes, building and maintaining relationships, and overseeing content creation and distribution, while tracking and reporting results on a monthly basis. Ideally, this person will drive successful campaigns to place Roland-related content in non-trade channels like mass market business and technology outlets both on and offline.
The PR Manager will also play a role in the marketing team’s ongoing efforts to identify and create shareable online content which improves SEO and increases Roland’s brand recognition.
The PR team under this position’s leadership also contributes to, but is not solely responsible for, frequent writing of email marketing, partner communications and social media efforts including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and the company blog.
In addition, Roland DGA’s PR Manager will be part of an international PR team, collaborating with colleagues in South America, Europe, Asia and other key territories to present Roland DG as a global leader in its markets. Additional efforts include overseeing the coordination of contests, awards, speaking engagements, press appointments, customer evaluation units and global PR campaigns.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
- Lead PR strategy and execution to support sales and marketing goals, including:
- Product introductions and promotions
- Customer case stories coverage in industry and wider-reaching outlets
- Company news, events and brand recognition efforts
- Oversee the writing and editing of press releases, case stories, editorial listings, interviews, email blasts, and product documentation
- Manage direct and indirect reports
- Manage budgets for PR related activities
- Manage and contribute to media relationships and communication
- Coordinate regularly with marketing, product management, sales and senior leadership
- Travel as necessary for tradeshows and events, with support including:
- Oversee the creation of press kits and press appointments
- Serve as primary company representative in press meetings at significant events
- Oversee use of tools for tracking, monitoring and distribution
- Stay at the forefront of best strategies, tools and tactics to achieve desired results
- Promote and maintain positive work relationships with customers, partners and coworkers
- Outcome of annual goals and timelines set in the first 90 days
- Steady growth in sign industry coverage
- Significant growth in coverage of specialty products and industries
- Significant increase in overall reach through achieving coverage in wider reaching outlets
- Successful management of the people and processes as determined by supervisor and peer reviews
Education/Certification: Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Writing, Marketing or related field.
- Expert understanding of current best practices in public relations, marketing, copywriting and social media
- Understanding of wide-format inkjet technologies and applications is a plus
- Understanding of 3D printing/milling, engraving and dental milling technologies is a plus
- 5+ years of public relations and marketing experience
- 3+ years in a management role overseeing people and/or projects
- Ability to write, edit and offer direction to other writers in all forms of PR and marketing communications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to translate technical features into key benefits, delivered in the form of compelling stories
- Ability to establish clearly defined goals and objectives
- Professional and organized in management of multiple tasks and timelines
- Ability to manage internal and external direct and in-direct reports
- An eye for detail, without losing site of the big picture
- Convey enthusiasm for our products, applications, customers and company
- Highly motivated to constantly learn, take on new challenges and achieve personal and company growth
- Excellent use of Microsoft Office applications to write, plan and manage projects and communications
Interested in the listed position?
About Roland DGA
Click here to learn more about Roland DGA
Please send your resumes to HR@RolandDGA.com Please include your salary history and current salary requirement.
No phone calls please.