Product Manager - 3D Solutions
The primary purpose of Roland DGA product management is to make it as easy as possible for Roland DGA and its dealers to sell Roland products.
The Product Manager – 3D Solutions is the lead advocate for 3D printing, milling, scanning, and engraving technology within Roland DGA. This individual has key accountability on the primary product line and responsible for product communications both with Roland and with our external channel partners. This person will manage Roland DGA’s hardware evaluation program, lead in the collection and distribution of competitive research, be responsible for developing and distributing technical product information and workflows for new applications, and maintaining internal, dealer, vendor and customer communications.
The Product Manager – 3D Solutions is the primary technical resource within Roland DGA for topics related to the operation and function of 3d printers, mills, scanners, and engravers. The Product Manager – 3D Solutions must be an expert on the use of all primary product line as well as related software programs and their position in the market.
The Product Manager will manage assigned product launches within the product management group, and be the liaison to international partners, service, sales, marketing, and executive teams.
In order to successfully accomplish these requirements the Product Manager will have the primary responsibility for go-to-market strategies, positioning, program management, competitive analysis, product launch and life cycle. In addition, the Product Manager will develop research strategies and methodologies designed to capture voice of the market information in order to accurately report industry requirements to product development and guide future product direction. The Product Manager works closely with the product marketing team to create and execute marketing strategies as well as with our regional sales managers, the director of sales, and the Vice President and General Manager to maintain an overall perspective of the strategic and global vision of product management, Roland DG and Roland DGA Corporation.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
- Oversee new product launches.
- Oversee the management of existing product lines.
- Manage product launches with sales, operations, overseas R&D and marketing.
- Provide sales tools and initiate application development for new and existing products.
- Manage product improvements/lifecycle extensions.
- Manage communications with sales, operations, overseas R&D and marketing regarding the assigned product line.
- Position new products into existing product line.
- Manage the development and delivery of product demonstrations.
- Coordinate the evaluation of new technologies for assigned product lines.
- Initiate cross functional communication on product related information and issues.
- Support the sales team and key customers.
- Key product liaison with Roland DG product development for assigned product lines.
- Develop and manage partnerships with third-party technology providers.
- Manage the development and distribution of product information: Intranet, dealer bulletins, tech/inside sales training.
- Prepare and present webinars targeted to the dealer channel and end users.
- Initiate the evaluation of competitive product and provide sales tools and training to assist the sales team in competitive situations.
- Manage and contribute to media communication – coordinate with marketing on media contacts.
- Travel as necessary for business trade show, customer site surveys, dealer events, and channel development
- Trade show support including:
- Selection and positioning of featured equipment
- Press Interviews
- Product Demonstrations
- Manage the development of cross-product functionality within Roland DGA
- Manage, develop and edit marketing and technical documents and collateral
- Support a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that promotes positive work relationships with customers, clients, co-workers and management
- Outcome of achievement of MBO goals and meeting deadlines (MBO’s to be set separately)
- Successful management of product line from launch to end-of-life
- Successful delivery of product messaging and positioning to field sales, dealers and customers
Education/Certification: Bachelor’s degree in a related technical field or Marketing with product management and/or product marketing management experience.
- Marketing generalist with product marketing and technical differentiation background.
- Global perspective of 3D printing and milling markets.
- Good technical understanding to translate technical features into key benefits and differentiators; as well as to convert key requirements into key product specifications.
- Familiarity with existing industry 3D milling/scanning/printing and engraving industry users and manufacturers is a plus.
- Strong understanding of product manufacturing and prototyping process.
- Technical understanding of specific applications software and outstanding computer/PC skills.
- Must be familiar with major 3D CAD/CAM applications such as Solidworks, AutoCAD, Rhino, Mastercam.
- Familiarity with open source CAD and slicing software is a plus.
- 5+ years experience in a distribution/marketing organization, with a focus on product marketing or product management.
- Ability to manage timelines and establish clearly defined goals and objectives.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously.
- Must convey product enthusiasm, energy and commitment.
- Successfully manage change in a fast-growing company and dynamic industry.
- Proactive product management skills.
- Reactive problem resolution skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication.
- Strong presentation development and delivery skills a must.
- Ability to work closely with and lead programs for Sales, Marketing, Support, and Product Development.
- Able to effectively manage individuals one on one and in a team environment.
- Results-oriented, mature, innovative.
- Proven ability to contribute to and manage marketing strategic plans.
- Must have excellent overall PC computing skills, including a thorough familiarity with MS Office applications in document composition, spreadsheet creation, and presentation management.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES AND REQUIREMENTS OF THIS POSITION
TALKING: Especially where one must frequently convey detailed or important instructions or ideas accurately, loudly, or quickly.
AVERAGE HEARING: Able to hear average or normal conversations and receive ordinary information.
REPETITIVE MOTIONS: Movements frequently and regularly required using the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
AVERAGE VISUAL ABILITIES: Average, ordinary, visual acuity necessary to prepare or inspect documents or products, or operate machinery.
PHYSICAL STRENGTH: Sedentary work; sitting most of the time. Exerts up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally. Ability to stand for periods of time (trade shows).
NONE: No hazardous or significantly unpleasant conditions.
MENTAL ACTIVITIES AND REQUIREMENTS OF THIS POSITION
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply logical or scientific thinking to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw conclusions.
Able to interpret a variety of technical instructions and can deal with multiple variables.
MATHEMATICS ABILITY: Basic math skills.
LANGUAGE ABILITY: Ability to read periodicals, journals, manuals, dictionaries, thesauruses, and encyclopedias.
Ability to prepare business letters, proposals, summaries, and reports using prescribed format and conforming to all rules of punctuation, grammar, diction, and style.
Ability to conduct training, communicate at panel discussions and to make professional presentations.
INTENT AND FUNCTION OF JOB DESCRIPTIONS
Job descriptions assist organizations in ensuring that the hiring process is fairly administered and that qualified employees are selected. They are also essential to an effective appraisal system and related promotion, transfer, layoff, and termination decisions. Well-constructed job descriptions are an integral part of any effective compensation system.
All descriptions have been reviewed to ensure that only essential functions and basic duties have been included. Peripheral tasks, only incidentally related to each position, have been excluded. Requirements, skills, and abilities included have been determined to be the minimal standards required to successfully perform the positions. In no instance, however, should the duties, responsibilities, and requirements delineated be interpreted as all-inclusive. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, it is possible that requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate disabled individuals. However, no accommodations will be made which may pose serious health or safety risks to the employee or others or which impose undue hardships on the organization.
Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law.
Interested in the listed position?
To apply for any positions listed, please email firstname.lastname@example.org attaching your CV and stating salary expectations
About Roland DG UK
Click here to learn more about Roland DG UK
Join our growing team
We welcome speculative applications from anyone considering a career at Roland DG UK.
Please send your CV to email@example.com with the type of role you are interested in, your salary history and current salary requirement.