The SOLJET EJ-640 Large Format Digital Printer
The EJ-640 represents the next advancement in inkjet printing. Made with unmatched stability and reliability it was developed to withstand the longest print runs, offering improved print speeds and higher quality graphics and colour results.
Pay Pennies for Perfect Results
Ink costs have never been lower than when using EJ INK, with arguably the most efficient ink usage in the industry. Available in high-capacity 1000 cc cartridges in CMYK plus Lc, Lm and Lk, you can undertake long production runs with less need to change cartridges.
Furthermore, GREENGUARD Gold certified EJ inks meet some of the world's most rigorous standards for decoration use in sensitive environments.
More than a job, it’s your reputation coming out of that printer.
Which is precisely why the EJ-640 large format colour printer is designed to ensure quality results even at high speeds:
- The EJ-640 can produce up to 63 sqm of print per hour
- Offset-positioned print heads move in a large print pass for increased production and follow a mirrored pattern to reduce the chance of banding
- Advanced media feed allows media to feed through the printer accurately at high speeds
- Rigid industrial design ensures quality output, even at high speeds
- The Roland Intelligent Pass Control system controls dot placement between passes, producing exceptional solid colours and photographic image quality
- Variable dot control achieves smooth gradations and deep image saturation on a broad range of media
Free Up More of Your Time.
Because the EJ-640 large format colour printer doesn’t need constant supervision, you can concentrate on other important tasks. Here are the features that provide consistency and quality on longer print runs:
1000 cc ink cartridges
Front-mounted heavy duty take-up
Adjustable media feed for accurate centering and take-up
Support of heavy roll media up to 40 kg in weight
Rigid industrial design eliminates vibration for quality printing even at high speeds
High/low head positioning supports various media thicknesses
The EJ-640 dries prints quickly, even in high-speed mode, for immediate finishing, installation or collection by the take-up system. The integrated tri-heater system features:
- Pre-heater to improve media receptiveness
- Print heater to accelerate ink fastness and brightness
- Dryer to ensure greater productivity, scratch resistance and safe takeup
Print Heads Last Longer
The EJ-640's three-part patent-pending wiper system is designed to significantly reduce ink build-up around the edges of the print head, decreasing wear and tear, minimising user maintenance and prolonging head life.
Includes Latest VersaWorks 6 RIP Software
VersaWorks 6 expands your print capabilities and maximises the power of your Roland devices with the latest features to enhance the world’s most popular RIP software.
• HARLEQUIN RIP dual-core engine and native 64-bit processing – effective processing of PDFs with shadows and transparencies
• Icon-based interface with drag-and-drop functionality
• Five print queues and the ability to save and store unlimited queue settings
• Special Color Plate Generation – auto-generate White, Gloss and other ink layers
• Built-in Pantone and Roland Color spot colour libraries
• All the advanced and ease-of-use features of VersaWorks
Never Stop with Roland Technology
Built to provide years of reliable service – even in the most demanding print environments – the EJ-640 also comes with a one-year Original RolandCare warranty*.
Roland DG has earned a reputation for long-lasting, high-performance devices, backed by first-rate customer service. This support includes expert technical assistance, videos and free Roland software updates for the lifetime of the machine.
Roland DG's international ISO certifications are your assurance of quality products and service.
*Terms and conditions apply. See warranty page for details.